I’ll start today’s post with a quick menu recap, then touch on a few things unrelated to the day’s eats.
Breakfast was a bagel thin with 1 tbsp almond butter and a banana.
During the morning, I had 1/2 cup greek yogurt, 1/2 cup blueberries and the LAST of my crack in a bag Gingerbread granola. See you again next Christmas granola! (and know what? I like food in jars. Am I weird? Actually…don’t answer that! )
Lunch was a piece of leftover pizza from last night.
During the afternoon I had 10 almonds and a pear.
And dinner tonight was Indian Dosa that I had in the freezer, and had bought in the Indian Market that Kathy and I found a couple of weeks ago…(they were filled with spinach, onion, sweet potato and peas and topped with tamarind and mint chutneys – and the whole plate was only 8 points)
I finished the day off with a wee tart leftover from last night.
And now some musings from the day.
Here is Michelle’s famous Wednesday hand. This photo is pretty symbolic….since you last saw Michelle’s hand, she and her husband Gary have moved a little further out of our neighborhood. Good thing she still works in the area so we can carry on with our Wednesday meetings. However, she intentionally posed her hand is a little further away than normal. Awww….
I went to Jazzercise class after work tonight. I got there, and there was a sign on the door “Due to unforeseen circumstances, there is no class tonight. Sorry”. DAMN!!! However, I was determined to get a workout in tonight so came home and did a power yoga DVD. I’m sure I didn’t get as sweaty as I would have in the class, however, these things happen and I still think I earned an activity point or two. Namaste.
And finally, in the last few days, I’ve had conversations with three people and the topic of bucket lists came up. At this point, my regular “bucket list” is made up exclusively of places to visit (Paris, Tuscany, Machu Picchu, Bora Bora…the list goes on), as opposed to adrenaline rushes like bungee jumping, sky diving etc. No thank you. BUT, I have a well documented and often discussed “food bucket list”. Here are the exotic or unusual foods I plan on trying before I die. (and still have teeth in a couple of cases)
- Frog’s legs (ribbit)
- Crayfish (Crawfish? Not sure which is the right way to write it, I’ve seen both)
Durian(check! Tried it last year. Gross!!!)
- Haggis (and for the record, and to say I had, I’d also like to see what Scotsmen wear under their kilts – does that make me a wee tart, like I had for dessert? )
Sea Urchin(check! Tried it last year. Gross!!! )
- Custard Apples (I’ve read that these are incredible)
- Bear (it’s listed in my weight watchers point guide….)
- Deep fried tarantula (on a stick, preferably in Cambodia….but wherever it is, it has to be on the stick)
- Fugu (poison raw fish in Japan – I’m not sure if I could go through with this one)
- In N Out Burger (we don’t have In N Out here in Canada, and when I’ve been in the States, I’ve never gone, but I’ve read MANY accounts of these being the best burgers EVER)
- Absinthe (not a food, a drink, and only a taste as it’s something like 70% alcohol by volume)
- White truffle (Neva is white, and she had a keen sense of smell…Neva, sniff out the truffles and I’ll give you some tuna water!)
I think I’ll post this list on a page within this blog, and I’ll cross them off as I can.
Your turn, what is on YOUR bucket list. Regular buckets or Food Buckets. Or any OTHER bucket list?