…last week, my blog buddy Stacie at Snaps and Bits tagged me with the Liebster Blog award.
OK….NOW you can applaud!!!! Ok…stop now!
Joking aside, thank you Stacie!!! So sweet of you to tag me. I’m only going to play half of the game though. I will share 11 random things about me, I’ll answer Stacie’s questions to me, but I’ve said it before, it’s WAY too hard for me to single out 11 favorite bloggers to pass this on to, so I’ll just say “thank you”, and here are my answers: (I have enlisted the help of google images to make my random things a bit more “visual”)
11 Random things about me
1) My favorite smells are freshly cut grass, rain, lilacs and tar.
2) Tar? Yes, tar. Which leads to a little random story. When I was very young (probably 4-5) I was playing hide and seek with a friend and neighbor (whose mom is still in touch with my mom) in her basement. Her Dad was building something and there was tar on the floor. I didn’t realize, and when I was hiding, sat in the unset tar. I got stuck, and had to be lifted out of my underwear (I was wearing a dress) by my friend’s Dad. Not sure if the frilly little knickers remain in the tar to this day.
3) I was a VERY shy child who cried when I went to kindergarten, and got homesick at Brownie camp. Not sure when that changed, because as an adult, I’m not a shy person at ALL.
4) I share my birthday (October 1) with “The Sound of Music” star Julie Andrews,”The Hangover” actor Zach Galifianakis, Singer Youssou N’Dour, and bank robber Bonnie Parker (of Bonnie and Clyde fame). I can’t sing, I have experienced a hangover, I love Youssou N’Dour and I’ve never robbed but did work in bank many years ago.
5) I didn’t like cats until I “acquired” my late tabby Raleigh (who I had for 15 years) from a former room-mate. Now, I can’t imagine my life without a little feline presence around me. Growing up, we had dogs. This was my favorite by far…this is Pepper, our mutt who we had for nearly 18 years. Pepper’s mother was a poodle, but what his father was is anyone’s guess. He was a fantastic dog. (no google images here, this is really Pepper and I)
Here are Pepper and I in the 70′s. Check out the STYLING purple cord pants I had on. I LOVED those pants, and thought I was a SERIOUS “fashionista” when I wore them.
6) I can turn a mean cartwheel!
7) My favorite soup by far is French Onion. With LOTS of gooey cheese. Hmm…when the weather cools, I’ll get a recipe and “pointify” it!
8) I have never owned a two piece bathing suit in my life. Even when I was at my fittest and thinnest, I guess I didn’t feel confident enough to wear one. Shame, because looking back at that time, I think I’d have looked just FINE. Oh well, no looking backward, only forward, and now, I can’t say I have a huge desire for a two piece.
9) When Dennis and I moved in together, I brought power tools, he brought the better vacuum.
10) I have recently created a twitter account, but have barely tweeted because I don’t know what to say. I can write a blog post pretty easily, but putting one sentence of meaning down? Doesn’t come easily to me. Maybe I’ll get the hang of it at some point. I’d better start tweeting profound words, or I’ll never get Anderson Cooper to follow me! KIDDING!!!!! Sort of…. Anderson, if you’re reading this, and I know you are (HA!) FOLLOW ME!!!!!!
11) My hair used to be poker straight and fine, but when I hit “middle age” it’s become quite wavy. Wierd…and I just couldn’t resist this photo…..
And now for Stacie’s questions to me:
1) What is your biggest pet peeve?
People who talk on their phones while being served, in a store, in a restaurant or a bank etc. It think it is the height of rudeness.
2) What is your biggest blogger pet peeve?
That I don’t have time to read and comment on more people’s blogs.
3) Coke or pepsi?
Neither. I used to drink diet coke, but quit cold turkey years ago.
4) What is the number one item on your bucket list?
To eat fresh durian.
5) Do you like surprise parties?
Helping plan them, yes. Parties for me, not at all.
6) What is the oddest thing in your handbag or wallet right now?
I have a tomato that a colleague gave me today. I should probably get that out of my purse.
7) When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A professional figure skater or a flight attendant.
8) What are you afraid of that actually shouldn’t scare you?
Horses. They’re a bit big for comfort.
9) Are you on Instagram yet? If not, why the heck not?
What is Instagram?? KIDDING!!!! I barely turn my cell phone on (much to the frustration of my husband)
10) What’s your favorite animal?
Right now, my kitty Neva. Favorite animal in the wild is actually a bird….I love penguins. Oh..and goats. I’d like a goat.
11) What’s your favorite hobby (blogging doesn’t count)?
No question, cooking. It makes me happy to feed and share meals with my family and friends, to create new dishes and to read recipes.
Voila….now you know a little more about me. Thanks Stacie, this was fun (albeit challenging to come up with 11 random facts) Your turn, does anyone want to add a random fact about themselves? If so, please leave me a comment!
On to the day. I had a low-grade headache most of the day today, not one that was debilitating or affected normal functioning, it was just “there” so passed on my after work workout with Dennis. Maybe after Saturday and Sunday workouts, my body said “rest”.
And the day’s menu? Started out with a glass of green juice that I made last night with discount apples, some spinach and some soft cantaloupe.
I have NO idea where this iced coffee with almond milk kick has come from…..
I took breakfast to work with me, ’cause I wasn’t feeling too hungry when I was still at home. Breakfast was a piece of my “pointified” banana bread and 1/2 cup greek yogurt.
Lunch was a kale salad (with light feta, a peach and nutritional yeast) and a few of Gina’s zucchini tots and salsa, leftover from our dinner last night.
I had a few cherries this afternoon.
After work, Dennis and I had a few multigrain tortilla chips and a bit of dip leftover from last night.
Leftovers was the word of the day, because dinner was leftover cold chicken, steamed potatoes and salad from last night.
That’s a wrap for Monday. I’m off to watch Olympic highlights. Hope your week has started off well, and remember, if you’d like to share a random fact about yourself, comment away!!