Lucky me!  I have a 4 day weekend ahead, which starts tonight.  It’s pretty late, I just got home because I had some errands to run after work.  As a result, this will be a quick post.

I’m rewinding the photo clock back a few hours to share this photo of the “green juice” I made last night.  This batch was made with oranges/2 apples/watermelon and spinach. (I’m making the juices with whatever fruit is on the discount table at the produce market – so I never really know from batch to batch what I’ll use)  I LOVED the layers of color before I de-frothed and mixed it.

The end result was chilled overnight, and voila….green juice.

This morning was one of those mornings where I hit the snooze button 4-5 times once it went off, and I was DRAGGING around.  Because of my lack of warp speed movement, I literally threw ingredients together for breakfast and took it with me.  (my usual, greek yogurt, fruit and granola)

Because I was late and draggy, I didn’t make lunch so I went and bought a “lunch roll special” at a sushi restaurant not far from work.  The one on the left is a tuna roll (and I squeezed some hot sauce on each piece), the one on the right is a cucumber roll (with teryaki sauce) and the one in the middle was bbq eel with avocado.

It was “ok” sushi.  I could usually eat sushi every day, and these rolls were pretty “basic” but for some reason, this sushi sat in stomach like a brick all afternoon.  Maybe because I try to go where I can get brown rice, or maybe my digestive system is just a bit “ug” today.

After work, I mentioned I had some errands to run.  As many of you know, I had surgery on my foot in April, and before that, I’d gone for MANY MANY months wearing nothing but sensible shoes.  I am ITCHING to get some funky and colorful footwear when I’m finished all my rehab in a couple of months.  The lure of the shoe department drew me, and I, for the first time in almost 2 years I put on a couple of pairs of heels.  Holy smokes, HOW do you “young’uns” walk in these things?????  The first pair was a snake skin pair with an elevated sole and very high heels.

I managed to walk about 3 feet toward a mirror in these, and felt a) EXTREMELY tall (I’m 5’6″ to start, so these must have put me close to 6′) b) EXTREMELY un funky as the rest of my outfit did NOT go with these and c) EXTREMELY certain that the days of giant heels are LONG gone.  I think I must have looked like Carol Burnett’s Mrs. Wiggins as I navigated the aisle.

Then came the second pair.  I didn’t try them on because I particularly liked them, but I wanted to try them on because they were pink.  I don’t think I’ve ever worn pink shoes in my life…and there is always a first time for everything.

These were even higher and harder to navigate in, and on the same 3 foot walk of shame, I felt a) EXTREMELY tall again b) EXTREMELY wobbly and c) still un-funky.  I also felt old.  Why?  These would look cute on someone young enough to be my daughter, but on me, well, I looked like a prostitute pushing 50 who is trying too hard.  As I said, the shoes were cute, but they just weren’t cute for me.  And I’ll say it again “HOW do you young whippersnappers walk in these??”  :)

I have to say, it was fun playing in the shoe department.  I can’t wait to actually shoe shop “for real” very soon!!!

When I eventually got home, I threw together a quick dinner of toast and scrambled eggs.  Like my ketchup “happy face”?   Dennis is away tonight, we’ll be “reunited” tomorrow in Victoria when I head over to see my parents, so again “dinner for one”.   Dennis and I really have been ships that pass in the night for most of the week.  Oh well…that happens to all couples sometimes.

I also had a glass of wine, ’cause this is my Friday.  Hey, I just realized, I started the day with a wine glass of juice and ended the day with a wine glass with wine.

That’s a wrap.  More tomorrow from my parent’s place in Victoria.